Our utmost concern is for the health and well-being of each of our patients and to ensure our staff is healthy and able to continue to care for patients.
We continue to take cautionary measures and follow CDC guidelines. We are also receiving information from state and local officials. In accordance with those recommendations, only staff, essential vendors, and compassionate hospice care visits are permitted.
The measures we are currently taking at this time unless CDC or state and local officials instruct otherwise:
- Protection with our workforce includes:
- Screening employees, residents, and compassionate hospice care visitors for symptoms of acute respiratory illness (fever, cough, difficulty breathing)
- Sick leave policies are non-punitive and flexible
- Encouraging sick employees to stay home and call in replacement staff
- Training and ensuring proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Verifying an inventory of PPE
- Protection with our residents includes:
- Separating residents who show respiratory symptoms away from others
- Postponing field trips and activities outside the facility
- Having activities that allow residents to maintain safe distances from others
- Allowing for in-room dining to reduce the risk of spreading disease
- Increasing cleaning in common areas (therapy rehabilitation area, dining area, activity area, lobby area, etc.)
- Unfortunately, family members are not allowed to do laundry for any patients at this time.
- Food cannot be brought from home and dropped off at the facility. However, GrubHub, UberEats or other professional food delivery services will be accepted.
- Protection of all essential visitors, vendors, and deliveries includes:
- Increasing monitoring or screening of visitors for respiratory symptoms
- Limiting touching and social greeting
- Only allowing essential visitors and vendors to enter the building
- Encouraging family and friends to reach out socially (phone call, video conferencing) to residents to help with feelings of loneliness and isolation during this time.
We appreciate the confidence and trust you have in us to care for family members. We will keep you informed as we navigate this ongoing situation.
Murrieta Health and Rehabilitation Center